Friday, September 5, 2014

{Hanging Handtowel Tutorial}

Last week we had my second basic sewing class and we made Hanging Dishtowels/Handtowels. (Don't look at how uneven my towels ended up, I clearly need to fix the button placement on the yellow button one). 
FYI, I got this pattern from Kleio's Belly, which includes the instructions, but no photos, so I made my own tutorial with photos. Photos always help, especially for beginning sewists. 
Start by downloading the Hanging Towel Pattern.   

You will need (makes 2 hanging towels):
One purchased handtowel/dishtowel (apprx. 24"x15")
4 pieces of fabric measuring 7"x 12"(two for each towel)
2 piece of iron on interfacing measuring 7"x 12" (one for each towel)
Two buttons (one for each towel)

Note:  the pattern's tutorial says to use flannel, I use interfacing and it works great and it's less expensive. 

Ok, here we go! 
fsdf
 I found this fun fabric scrap at one of my favorite fabric stores here locally. I didn't realize that I had cut it so that the ladies would all be covered up once the towels were finished, until it was too late. Bummer.  
 That's why I have this one towel buttoned on backwards, so you can see the cute girl!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions at all.
Come visit me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment