Tuesday, July 28, 2015

{a special "Who" doll}

This was a special order for a good friend of mine, Brandi. Her daughter was a "Who" in the play "Horton Hears a Who" at one of the local high schools here.
Brandi thought this doll resembling her daughter in costume would be a fun gift to give her after the performance.
She sent me that first photo of her daughter in her costume so I could make the doll to resemble her. This whole thing happened last year the same week that my son got a cast off one arm and then a few days later broke his other arm while away on a scout camp out. The second one required surgery and I ended up finishing the doll up while I spent a few days in the hospital with my son. This is one thing I love about what I do, a lot of my creations are mobile and go with me where ever I go.
The doll pattern is from Gingermelon and the clothes I created myself.
You can order a custom doll over in my Etsy Shop.

Come visit me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment