Friday, February 3, 2012

{Valentine Projects}

Photobucket
Last month some ladies from my ward got together to make some fun Valentine's projects. These were some of the ones that I chose to do.  The vinyl was ordered through a deal on GroupOn.  We had to get our own frames for these two projects. So I decided to get some cheap ones & paint & distress them.
Photobucket
The larger, 11x14 frame I got at Goodwill for $3 and the other longer rectangle I got at Walmart for $5.  I had never done this before so I googled how to distress wood frames & I used this tutorial.  I only used 2 colors of paint instead of 3.  I first painted them with red acrylic paint.  Then I rubbed candle wax all over the parts where I wanted the white paint to come off & show the red through.  I could not for the life of me find a candle in my house that wasn't in a glass jar, so I resulted to using one of my Scentsy bars.  It worked great & it didn't use hardly any of the little bar.
Photobucket
This second project was a cute idea I found through Pinterest on the Red Heads Craft More Fun blog, but mine didn't turn out as cute as hers did. I feel like it's missing something.  I think it's all the extra space under the words that I don't like.  I was thinking of taking the heart off & adding a few rosettes or something to counteract the empty space.  Any suggestions?  Please leave a comment & share your ideas. 
Photobucket
Photobucket

Visit my facebook page at Simple Stitches by Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment