Friday, August 24, 2018

{Sewing Class Basics #2 ~ Pincushions & Pillowcases!}

My next sewing class is:
 

* When: Saturday, September 8th, 2018 from 1-4 pm OR 5-9 pm These are the same classes. I’m simply offering them at two different times. So you choose which time you’d like to attend. 

* Where: In my sewing studio (Lindsay & Baseline). I'll send you the address after you sign up & pay!

* Cost: $15. 

*To sign up go to: Please email me at simplestitchesaz at yahoo.com to sign up. Let me know which class you want to sign up for, as I do have several scheduled right now. I will send you an invoice through Paypal to pay for the class. You don't have to have a Paypal account to pay through them, just a credit card. Class size is limited so sign up ASAP to reserve your spot. 

* Feel free to share this with a friend if you know someone that is local (Gilbert/Mesa, AZ area) that may be interested. If you can't make this day and time, but would like to sign up, let me know and I can create another class if I have enough interest.

*In this class you’ll choose between two different styles of pincushions or a fun pillowcase. The pillowcases are fun and practical gifts (hint, hint, Christmas will be here before we know it)! If you'd like to make both projects you can sign up for both class time slots and make one in each. 

In this class you will:
*practice straight stitching
*practice corners
*learn how to piece fabrics together
*learn more about seam allowances
*learn about stuffing (pincushion)
*learn very basic hand-sewing (pincushion)
*learn how to hem (pillowcase)

Supplies you'll need to bring:
*Sewing machine
*your machine's manual
*universal needles
*thread to match your fabric 
*fabric scissors - one large pair for cutting fabric and one small pair to use at your machine. The 2nd pair is optional, but very helpful.
*a seam ripper
*straight pins
*small screwdriver (your machine should have come with one)
*bobbins
*fabric for your project (I will send you the amount of fabrics you'll need after you sign up for the class)
*one large button (pincushion)

I will provide the batting and ribbon for the pincushions.

No comments:

Post a Comment