Sunday, January 13, 2013

{boys pajamas ~ mother goose day gifts}

In our family January 1st is Mother Goose Day.  This was a tradition that started with my grandparents (my mom's parents).  When my mom was young her parents used to bring goodies home from their New Year's Eve parties and give them to the kids the next morning & and somehow this turned into them calling this Mother Goose Day.  
When my parents decided to continue this tradition they decided to make the gifts more useful and we would get new sheets, underwear, socks, towels, etc.  Things that we needed but aren't that fun to get for Christmas.  I remember one of my sets of sheets had Care Bears appliqued on the pillow case (that was during the years when I loved Care Bears, but my parents couldn't afford to buy me one so this was the next best thing (I still have that pillow case & my kids use it now).  We decided to carry this tradition on with our children and haven't been completely faithful every year, but we try to keep it up.  

This year I made pj's for the boys... out of knit sheets I bought at Goodwill.  First I bought this green sheet and thought it would be enough for both boys pj's, but not so much.  So I took another trip to Goodwill and by some amazing luck was able to find another knit sheet that was perfect for boys pj's.
 Don't you love Spencer's face?  I think he was preparing for the flash!  Silly guy!
I used this tutorial for the pajama bottoms.  And I used one of Spencer's long sleeve shirts as a guide to make a pattern for the shirts.  Both of the boys love their new jammies.  Spencer tells me all the time that they are so cozy.
I decided to put their initial down on the bottom of the pants when I thought I was making matching pj's, so they wouldn't get them mixed up.  I decided it was a cute idea so I added them anyway & the kids loved it.  
  
 My girl's Mother Goose gifts are coming soon, 
so be sure to check back.  

Linking up to some of these parties!

Come visit me on Facebook:
My Etsy Shop:
http://etsy.com/shop/StitchesbyRachelle

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, and they look so cute! Your models are adorable. :) Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. I just love seeing your awesome projects.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete