Wednesday, May 15, 2013

{cam's prom dress}

This is my second oldest daughter, Cammi. She went to prom this last weekend and I finished making her dress just in time for pictures.  I was able to make this dress for about $25.  We have a fabulous fabric store here locally, that is called SAS Fabrics. It can be a bit overwhelming, because you have to dig through a lot of the cotton and knit fabrics, but it's well worth the savings.  This satin fabric was only $3/yard and at the other fabric store in town it would have been $9/yd.  I used a combination of patterns... Simplicity #3878 and the sleeves from #6675.  I did alter the sleeves and made them wider than the pattern is, to make it more modest.  Doesn't she look beautiful?  
  
I've linked this post to some of these link parties.  
Come visit me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment