Saturday, May 18, 2013

{cash envelope wallet}

We decided at the beginning of the year to try out Dave Ramsey's Envelope System!  So, I decided to make this wallet to help keep my "envelopes" organized.  
I used this pattern from WalterandVeronica's Etsy shop for my wallet, however I changed things around a little.  I didn't use the oilcloth that they suggested, but rather I just used regular cotton fabric.  I also wanted to try my hand at patchwork, so I played around with that a little for the outside design. I used a magnetic snap for my closure instead of velcro (mostly because I really don't like velcro).
I didn't add the clear ID pocket because I'm not planning to use this as my main wallet.  I put all of my loyalty cards in the pockets in the front.  And my checkbook goes in the back pocket.  We still pay most of our regular bills online, because most of them are directly taken out of our account every month.  Anything extra, like groceries, household items, entertainment, etc. I have an "envelope" for.  The only thing I would change if I made another one of these wallets is to line the "envelopes", they are a bit too flimsy for my taste.  
If you would like to purchase a wallet like this head over to my Etsy shop.  
I've linked this post to some of these link parties.  
Come visit me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment