Wednesday, January 29, 2014

{lab coats & stethoscopes}

One of my clients, Tiffany, wanted me to make some lab coats for a "Doc McStuffins" birthday party she was throwing for her niece, Rylee. This is a Disney show that I had never heard of until Tiffany told me about it (my kids are all past that stage). 
I couldn't find a pattern for children size lab coats, so I searched the web and found a tutorial to make them from an existing boys long-sleeve dress shirt. Tiffany wanted 2 different sizes, so I borrowed a smaller shirt from a friend and used my oldest boy's Sunday shirt to make the patterns off of.
My boys modeled the larger size coats for me.
Rylee & her friend wearing their coats and enjoying the party.
I cut out and stitched Rylee's name on her coat.  She also got some purple buttons on her coat, to help it stand out a little more.
I had fun creating these fun coats for Rylee's birthday party.  Head over to my next post to see the cute little stethoscopes Tiffany had me make to go with these lab coats.
Come visit me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment